Immerse yourself in real-life training scenarious and see what is possible.
What Students Will Learn
- Tools: Discover innovative tools to motivate and communicate with any equine.
- Techniques: Understand how to implement training methods that seek to empower the horse by providing choice.
- Troubleshooting: Learn how to problem solve unwanted behavior and set the horse up for success in every scenario.
This program is for you if…
- You want to see unedited, raw training in real-time.
- You are looking for innovative techniques to add to your training toolbox that are scientifically based.
- You take an interest in working with horses at liberty and value the horse’s freedom and choice in training.
- You are interested in making training or teaching a career.
- You are looking to connect with a supportive network of individuals who share similar values in training.
Have you been following Mystic on Youtube with the “Mystic Experiment” series? Here’s your chance to follow her progress in real-time as Maddy re-starts Mystic at liberty (no ropes or bridles)… outside the roundpen! Mystic had a chronic and unpredictable bucking and bolting issue that led her to be considered “untrainable.” Watch the process Maddy uses as she rehabilitates Mystic and gives her another chance! Maddy will also be exploring the concept of intrinsic motivation and play in training with Mystic.
Observe exotic equine behavior as Maddy continues to strengthen the zebras’ skills at liberty, veterinary and husbandry behaviors, and advanced trick training.
WILD MULES EARL & ARTHUR
Earl and Arthur are Maddy’s BLM “mulestangs!” Earl is getting Maddy’s basic foundation built on the ground and prepping for being started undersaddle. Arthur is going through advanced groundwork skills, such as building collection, shoulder-in, haunches-in, halfpass, and pirouette on the ground through classical dressage and in-hand work. He is also being prepped to be started undersaddle and accept a rider on his back. And who knows… Maddy may just decide to team this duo up at liberty!
Frosty is a BLM mustang Maddy adopted from her first Running Wild Retreat in 2018. She is ready to be started undersaddle and participants will likely be observing Frosty’s first rides and the foundation of Maddy’s colt starting program, which is in its research & development phase as she incorporates more positive reinforcement into her “Liberty start” method.
How the Immersion Program Has Helped Others
Event Location: Daisy Mountain Ranch
1227 E Cloud Road,
Phoenix, Arizona 85086